Swag Bags!… Cupcakes & More-Locust Grove Bridal Show Thursday, October 6th!
Congratulations on your engagement! This is one of the most important times in your life and we would like to assist you in making your special day, the day of your dreams! To help you in the planning process, Cinderella4aday, along with Locust Grove has teamed up with some of the Hudson Valley’s finest LGBTQ-friendly professionals to present to you an event to remember. Join us to celebrate “Two Hearts, One Love,” a Bridal Show this coming Thursday, October 6, 2011. With the passing of the bill that legalizes gay marriage in New York State, we would like to welcome ALL couples, whether gay or straight, to attend this fabulous event!
Here’s a Sneak Peek!-The show will include a delectable cupcake bar by JJ’s Rockin Cupcakes, a starlit fashion show including dresses from Chamonix of Rhinebeck, a one-of-a-kind mashed potato bar presented by The Chocolate Mousse, as well as fabulous prizes and giveaways! Also, the first 100 couples to register for this event will receive a complimentary “Swag bag” stuffed with incredible merchandise!
Whether you are just looking for a DJ to complete your list, or you are in the beginning process of starting your planning, a Bridal Show is a great way to find professionals for your event in one space at one time. The professionals that you hire will play a huge part in your wedding; this includes the entire time from the moment that you book them until the day of your event. They will be the ones to help make your vision a reality, therefore it’s very important that you make sure you explore your options.
An important factor is that you decide on the type of style you want for your wedding before committing to a specific professional. This will ensure a great fit between you and your vendor. So, how do you define your wedding style? Here are some tips:
- Ceremony is often held in a place of worship, with a reception in a hotel ballroom, historical venue/castle, or a type of country club.
- The Wedding party consists of twelve or more guests, not including the bride and groom.
- The bride wears/wants to wear an elaborately embellished gown with a long veil or train, maybe both.
- The groom and ushers’ wear/will wear an attire of cutaway coats, tails, or tuxedos.
- The reception consists of a sit-down dinner.
- Entertainment consists of an orchestra, or a type of live band.
- The newlyweds or the entire bridal party are transported in either a limousine or carriage.
- Hired photographers use a style that is very traditional, with a lot of highly posed photographs.
- Ceremony is often held in a place of worship, or in the same location as your venue
- The reception is held in a venue such as a banquet hall or at a outdoor venue that will most likely be tented.
- The wedding party consists of up to six people on each side, not including the bride and groom.
- The bride wears/will wear a simple wedding dress has little to no train, with less embellishment and beading.
- The groom wears a suit, as opposed to a formal tuxedo.
- The reception may be a sit-down dinner, but may also be in the form of a buffet.
- For entertainment, guests may enjoy a DJ or band.
- The wedding party may use a limousine or private automobile for transportation.
- The photographer uses a contemporary photgraphing style, combining some posed shots with others that convey much more spontaneity.
- Ceremony and/or reception may be held in a venue such as a place of worship, a garden, park, or at a home of the couple’s family or friends.
- The wedding party is smaller, consisting of less than six people on each side.
- The bride wears a very simple wedding dress, a dress with a shorter hem, or a suit.
- Groom will wear a suit, even possibly without a jacket.
- The reception may consist of a small party at home or restaurant following the service.
- Entertainment may be provided through a DJ, or even possibly through an iPod dock, as recent trends show.
- A private automobile may be seen as transportation.
- It is important for you as a bride to know that you can define your own style. These are merely guidelines to help you decide what type of professional to choose that will fit into the dream that will be your wedding day. Your style can be defined by a mix of the above components for any of the three main styles.
One way to determine the style of a professional is to take a look at their website. This should give you an idea of their body of work and if you like what you see, the next step would be to speak with them & finally to meet in person. The following is a list of the fabulous professionals that will be at Locust Grove, as well as links to their websites:
All Dolled Up